|Title:||Instructional Aide for Behavior|
Appleton Learning is now recruiting for Instructional Aides for Behavior! As an Appleton Behavior Aide, you will support the supervising classroom teacher (or teachers) in meeting their daily objectives. Appleton Behavior Aides work in the regular classroom as well as Special Needs classrooms, ILC Classrooms, PE and Pre-K Classrooms. As an Appleton Behavior Aide you will be expected to be work with students with such behaviors as kicking, pinching, hitting, cursing, spitting and running.
• Prepare, set up, and disassemble instructional materials and activities
• Conduct learning activities with individual students or small groups
• Assist in care of students with disabilities and behavior issues
• Assist with functions such as feeding and toileting
• Assist in group management during class sessions
• Assist lifting and transferring students with disabilities
• Supervise students and manage classroom behavior
• Maintain confidentiality concerning student records
• Assist with morning and afternoon duties such as bus duty, lunchroom monitoring etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma
- Prior education-related classroom experience
- Prior experience working with individuals with special needs preferred
- Punctual and Professional (Consistent Attendance is a MUST!)
- Able to lift heavy objects 65-85 lbs
- Able to run after a student who may try to flee the classroom
- Clear Federal Fingerprint and Background Check
Sound like you? If so, we would welcome the opportunity to get to know you better! Please take a moment to submit an application and resume along with a cover letter detailing why you feel you would be a great Appleton Behavior Aide!